First of all, no one reads this blog anymore, and secondly, it’s my birthday soon, and with Christmas coming up I figure if I don’t get this out of my head and somewhere else, how would the elves know what to get me? So here’s my 2012 birthday/Christmas wish list
Dream camera setup
- Nikon D800 (but magically not as heavy)
- 70-200mm/2.8 (ditto about being not as heavy for the big lenses too)
- 85mm/1.4 prime lens
- Battery grip
- 15″ MacBook Pro, retina, fully maxed out memory and SSD drives
- 27″, new super thin model, fully maxed out memory and hard drive + SSD combination (in fusion drive configuration of course)
- Why not throw in a second 27″ cinema display just for fun.
- Full on color managed workflow setup from X-Rite
- Tripod from Really Right Stuff or Manfroto, the perfect one of course, a combination of tough and lightweight and heavy duty
- Epson 3880 large format printer
- Infinite supply of ink and a selection of fine art paper to go with said printer (very useful for printing out all my cat pictures)
New car (this is a dream list right?)
- Anything that James Bond has driven (almost). DB5 from the latest movie… I’m looking at you.
- World peace
- A fantastic dinner at mom and dad’s
- Hugs from my wife and abuse from my cats
From the list above I am pretty sure about the last two items, the rest, well, maybe I’ll be used to generate good publicity for some rich and famous person looking to give someone the Christmas of their dreams out of the goodness of their heart.