More Like a Lemming, the Friday Five
Continuing on like a lemming….
1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
Not really, it depends on who it is, what it’s about, and how I’m feeling. If I just want to sit on the couch and watch the hockey game, no, if I need to geek out with a friend, yes. Everything else depends. I’m switzerland on this one.
2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
Two in use, one old one without battery.
4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
Last one I really remember was when I worked at the board and was told that I should be working 24/7/365 doing tech support, and why the hell do I have to wait on hold so long all the time? Because stupid idiots like you call and spend time bitching me out instead of getting their questions answered in a timely fashion, and that causes the phone lines to back up, and there is only one of me (I was more polite than this of course). I think that was a while after I accidently called a client an asshole. I say accidently because he wasn’t supposed to hear. Fred remembers that I’m sure. PV where are you now….
5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
Unless it’s something I need to know right now, I’d have to say definately email. Letters are far more pesonal, but take too long to get to where they are going in this modern, fast paced world. The phone is good to find out something right away, but email is a nice compromise between an answering machine and an instant messaging system.