Old Site Pages
Here’s a collection of pages built and created over the past 20 years, linked to and archived for posterity, along with an explanation if possible of what it is.
- sig.txt – A collection of .sig files, some relevant, some ancient, some just hilarious.
- UPS Rant – I’ve always been a grumpy wanker.
- Vi Vs Emacs – When I had a crisis of faith in editors.
- The Iambe column that inspired it.
- My .Emacs file
- How to buy a condom – Something funny I wrote (though at the time, a wee bit serious).
- C Programming Tips and Tricks – A collection from when I was doing C programming as a day job.
- JAPH – A collection of “Just Another Pearl Hacker” programs.
- MindStore PSS-1820 Upgrade – The page that I used when upgrading some old hardware no one will ever use or hear of again.
- FVREB – A rant about work, realtors, and tech support.
- Hack.txt – Signs that you’re a hacker
- Column 10/17/1999 – A column I wrote for the Iambe page.
- Review – Garth Brooks – Sevens – A review of Garth Brooks’ (then) latest album.
- Golden Oldies – A subset of some classic text files I’ve collected over the years
- net.rum.txt – Classic stories
- top-ten.txt – Top ten signs linux has Bill Gates worried
- unixfool.txt – Creators of unix admit C and UNIX are just a hoax
- unixwiz.txt – Types of unix users
- Lan Party Invite – It was on January 20, maybe 2004, so don’t bother showing up.
- The Poets of #North – The IRC channel poetry competition
- Calgary Trips
- First Trip – Calgary 1997
- Second Trip – Calgary 199… 9?
- Wallpapers – I called it “Touched”, and it has some terrible wallpapers I made
- Alt.Sysadmin.Recovery Quotes – Great quotes from the old newsgroup
- Men Vs. Women – Not sure if I wrote this or stole it
- What You Won’t Find Here – A list of things I promised you’d never find on this site. Mostly still intact.
- Things That Piss Me Off – Again, stuff I complain about
- Cat Info – All about my cats
- Dreams – A list of crazy shit I’ve dreamed about
- The Hair Page – I used to have long hair, then I decided to cut it. It was a big change.
- Rules of Being A Man – Another funny thing I picked up somewhere
- Romance – Talk about romance and being in love, pulled off of the internet somewhere (1994)
- The Sonya Worship Page – Made a fan-page for a friend, long long ago (1999)
- What Women Say Vs What They Mean – another funny thing from the archive