Unattainable Christmas List 2006
I did this a couple of years ago and got most of the stuff on the list…. well, mostly bought it myself years after the fact, but hey, here’s a snapshot of the materialistic side of me, Alan’s Christmas Wish List 2006!
- Second (or third) 20.1″ LG LCD monitor for the desk. I have one and love it, and the 19″ CRT beside it (what I’m looking at right now) is starting to be quite sick….. flickers, that sort of thing.
- Pentax K10D DSLR would go nicely with my *IST-D. Course I’d like it as a version from the future that does 300mexapixel, writes 1mb files on the included 300G flash card. Oh, and weighs under a pound. And comes with all the prime Limited series lenses. Hey, this is a dream list anyway right?
- 6 or 8 port SATA card and 6 or 8 500G disks to go with it for the file server, which is (still) constantly at 90% full. 3 Terabytes out to be enough for anyone right?
- A finished basement.
- A finished upper floor.
- Another nice shirt like I got from mom for my birthday (second time this is on the list, mom still has good taste!)
- A nice 42″ LCD HDTV (or bigger, do projectors do 1080?)
- A Nintento Wii, Playstation 3 and XBox 360, all with keyboard and mouse attachments so I don’t have to deal with their silly controllers for first person shooters.
- The as yet unannounced fullscreen video iPod
- A 24″ iMac for the living room. This way when people come over and say “hey, can you [some computer task] for me?”, instead of sighing, taking whatever they hand me (dvd, cd, etc) downstairs to do their bidding, I simply point them to the machine and say “be my guest”. No surfing porn though (you know who you are!)
- A 15″ MacBook Pro, fully loaded, though lacking the ball-burning heat feature that my previous powerbook had.
- The ability to warp time and space.
Not a bad list, I’ll knock things off as I get them (I’m not holding my breath though).