Whew, long time no update eh? Well, I’ve been pretty busy, so I have
an excuse (or so I think).
We (me, the boss, and Rob, a bud of ours from the school) were at the Linux
World Expo from the 28th to the 4th or so. This was an awsome show, and you
can read about it all at my
LWE page (soon to be updated).
Good… I’m on another health kick, so I’m running around my 2 blocks and
working out on alternating days. Hell, even drinking lots of water and trying
to cut out coke/junk food as much as I can. I only started last sunday so I
can’t say I can see any results yet. I do want to get in shape though, I’ve
been in a coding chair for far too long.
I have to thank my buddy Illiad for
the following tips on running, and how not to kill oneself:
- Go a minimum of 3 times a week
- 1 day on, one day off
- Never skip more than 2 days
- Start with about a 30 min run
- Break this into segments of 2.5 minutes for the first 3-4 times
- 1 segment run, one walk. The walking should be hard walking,
and the running should be so you can still talk
- Then move on to 3 min run, 2 min walk for the next 3-4 times
- Eventually you’ll be going the full half hour
- First time you do this, break it up to 2 15 min runs and a 30 second
- If it hurts, slow, but don’t walk
And for general health:
- Drink lotsa water, 8 cups a day minium
- Urine should be clear, it’s darkness is an indicator of the toxins in
Well, that’s what was suggested, and I’m doing my best. The water is flowing
like, well, water. I had my first coke in about 4 days today, and that was
only one. I have a 12 pack in the fridge that is opened, but not drank.
There is one that I carry around sometimes as a security blanket, but never
What else has been happening in my life? Well the last couple of days were
spent fighting with isdn4linux at work,
only to discover the chipset on the card we had was unsupported. Bleah. I’ve
got a lot of work on my plate, but I have a plan, and just need time to do it
Other noted events in my life. Hmm…. romance? Well, I’d rather not say
right now. Lets just say I must be mad. Quite mad. Looney even. If you
don’t get it, don’t worry, it’s not that important.
I’ll say no more on that.
Ok, linux expo, I think I’ll go and do an update or 2 on that page before I
forget all about it.