Some Gems from the Bush Speech
The Bush speech just yearned for a good dose of MST2k. Me, Jim and Spencer were sitting around listening to it after work and every once and a while we’d stifle a snort of laughter about something that Bush said. Here are some of my favorites:
- “Do not destroy the oil wells” — for heavens sake don’t! They’re our.. I mean your property!
- “In a free Iraq there will be no more wars against your neighbors, or chemical weapons factory” — I wish the US would be more like that…
- “Do not resist” — and all I could think of here was the scenes from Mars Attacks where the aliens are saying “ack! ack! don’t run! ack! we are your friends! ackack!” and vaporizing people left right and center.
- “Unshaken resolve of our country” —Uh huh…. the nuts who blame france for everything and think that french fries have anything to do with france besides the name…. (oh wait, wasn’t that the polititions?)
- “We are a peacful country” —which is half a sentance, the other half is: “… poised on the brink of war to wipe out a small country 7000 miles away”
- “We are now acting because the risks of inaction would be far greater” —You mean like saving your political skin in the eyes of the rest of the world as you attack a basically contained nation?
sigh Of course, what do I know? CNN sure ain’t telling us everything.